Saturday, September 03, 2005

Remorses

Ok, so someone once said that for every bad thing you do, you should also do a good thing (but not vice-versa ;) ).

I felt some remorses regarding the previous entry because I felt that I was only picking on that article. To alleviate this and give you also a good article I put forward this second post.

The article I am talking about is Are Games Getting Easier?. It speaks of the decline of the design component in the games.

Let me explain this better. Any game has two main components. The design component (which decides how things will actually be) and the technology component (which makes things the way they were decided to be). Over the last years games are getting a little bit easier. You do not really feel the same excitement when playing games the way you used to some time ago. The games do not have the same complexity and they also miss difficult puzzles and complex endings. They actually lose the element of fun.

The article describes in more detail this phenomenon.

ASCII 0x004

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home